Friday, December 25, 2009

stoplight(s).


down the street either way i find something from stopping me from getting to what i want. there are stoplights everywhere telling me to stop. no, athena. you should not go this way. to the right, there are approximately ten stoplights in the way of one of my options. going that way doesn't seem like the greatest route. too many obstacles. too much frustration.

but to the left towards my other option, there is not ten. nor is there nine or eight or even seven in the way. how many stoplights are there to the left? just one. there is just one stoplight stopping me from having what i want. really it's not stopping, more like warning and letting me think about whether or not i should move forward when the light changes. but it's been in the back of my mind for the past three years. three whole freakin' years and it's finally moved to the front of my mind. but this whole time it's always just been one stoplight away. so doesn't it seem like turning left would make more sense? it's easier. less frustrating.

but then again... they say the things in life worth having don't come easy. but well, maybe i don't think it's worth it anymore.


i think i've made up my mind. when the light turns green, i'm goin' left.

No comments: