Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Morning Fuel.

Today's breakfast: Honey Nut Cheerios and bananas!
I am not a morning person.

Every morning it's the same routine: my alarm goes off, I snooze it, lie there until it goes off again, snooze it, lie there until it goes off again, snooze it, then finally get out of bed the next time it goes off because by then I probably have like 5 minutes to get ready and go before I'm late to wherever I'm going. Mornings. are. not. fun.

And this great little morning routine I have for myself typically leaves little to no room for a healthy breakfast that is so highly recommended by, like, 10 out of 10 doctors. So, I've decided there's still time to make a New Year's Resolution: eat breakfast!

I know it's a little silly, but I'm always starving by late morning because there's no fuel in my belly, which in turn makes me exceedingly grumpy (and unproductive). So, this is pretty much doing a favor to anyone who has to interact with me during that period of time.

And it gives me something to look forward to when I wake up... hopefully it will make my mornings better.

(Actually, it'll probably just make me even more late to wherever I'm going. Oh well. I'm trying to be healthy!!)

No comments: