Wednesday, November 22, 2006

soothe my soul.


"If I ever die of a heart attack, I hope it will be from playing my stereo too loud."

music: one of the few things i know i can always depend on to save me from my misery. literally. i come home knowing i have hours of homework ahead of me, but do i fret? do i worry? do i have an uncontrollable panic attack? well, maybe for those five minutes as i sit on my bed thinking of the long night ahead of me. but once those five minutes have elapsed and everything has finally sunk in, i grab my backpack, grab my ipod, and suddenly everything seems a little bit better. holding that tiny little music player in my hand just does something to me. i don't know what it does exactly, or how, but for some reason i feel like i can get through the night. no worries, no panic attacks. just slowly getting through those miles of homework one song after another. and as the night goes by, earphones still glued to my ears, i wonder how it could possibly be that these words that are seeping into my head through my ipod can express exactly how i am feeling at the moment. there are few people in this world that know me well enough to do that. so basically, without music, my happiness wouldn't be able to reach it's ultimate high.

No comments: