Monday, March 31, 2008

pride.


a high or inordinate opinion of one's own dignity, importance, merit, or superiority, whether as cherished in the mind or as displayed in bearing, conduct, etc.

my dad has always taught me to do things that would make me proud of myself and to be proud of everything that i do. to be proud of where i came from and where i'm going. to be proud of my intelligence and my ability to know right from wrong. to be proud of the things i accomplish and the obstacles i overcome. but never to be too proud as to put others down or to forget the lessons i learned on the way.

but apparently, there are people out there that have been taught none of this. either that or they were sadly too full of their own self-pride to remember any of it. people can just be really annoying sometimes. not all the time. just...sometimes. i highly dislike people that are patronizing and condescending. and especially people that think they know everything (when they really don't). and they're even worse when they're proven wrong. they go to absurd lengths to try to make us see it their way when there is obviously no way in the galaxy that they could even be remotely close to being right.

don't get me wrong. self-respect is a very important aspect that i think everyone should have, but when it comes to the point where you just think you're better than everyone else...keep it to yourselves. honestly, a little humility goes a long way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bravo my beauty. Couldn't agree more.



Tara